Specialized Care Options for Seniors in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Care options tailored to individuals
Personalized care options that cater to your unique needs with a "whole-person," supportive approach.
A whole-person approach to well-being
The freedom to participate, grow and engage in what brings you purpose and joy often starts with the right care. Whether you want to be free from the stress of maintaining a home, could use some discreet daily support or require more specialized care, we offer living options tailored to your physical and emotional needs.
Independent senior living at Atria McCandless means you can spend your days experiencing life as you wish—savoring the amenities, friendships and engaging events—while the dedicated staff tends to daily cleaning, cooking and driving.
Atria McCandless is a licensed Personal Care Home, offering amenities and supportive services that are tailored to meet your individual needs, including transportation, medication administration and daily living assistance.
There’s a difference between personal care homes and assisted living communities in Pennsylvania.
Licensed to offer personal care services, Atria McCandless provides amenities and services similar to those of assisted living communities. This includes similar apartment layouts, scheduled social activities, chef-prepared meals, housekeeping, transportation services and assistance with activities of daily living and medication administration. However, due to state law, we do not offer skilled care services. If such care is required, a third-party provider can be hired to perform these services in our communities.
Supportive Living Services
- Access to telehealth services
- Discreet support available 24/7
- Assistance getting out of bed or chair
- Personal grooming assistance (e.g., bathing, getting dressed)
- Escorts to and from meals and events
- Accommodations for low-salt and low-sugar diets
- Incontinence management (includes toileting assistance)
- Safety and wellness checks
- Emergency alert pendant or wristband
- A comprehensive review of residents medication, consultations with their physicians and pharmacy, and assistance with prescriptions orders
- Medication administration and supervision of self-administered medications
- Assistance with self-administered medications, including nebulizer treatment, eye drops, and nasal sprays
- Insulin storage and reminders
Memory Care Services
- A custom-designed neighborhood with secured entries and exits
- An individual care plan with 24/7 support, such as assistance with bathing, grooming and toileting, from staff with extensive dementia training
- A thoughtfully planned calendar of events, opportunities and outings tailored to personal interests
- Assistance getting out of bed or chair; escorts to and from meals and events
- Full-service, family-style dining experiences in an environment designed to encourage social connection and comfort
- Monitoring of individuals on low-salt and low-sugar diets during meals
- Medication reviews and consultations with physicians (includes assistance with prescription orders)
- Medication assistance provided by technicians under the supervision of a licensed nurse
- Housekeeping, personal laundry, and linen services
Atria offers physical, occupational and speech therapies.
Atria’s collaboration with FOX Rehabilitation brings therapy to your door. Centered upon a proactive approach, FOX clinicians focus on improving strength, stamina and balance so you can continue to thrive.
Is senior living right for me? What’s the community lifestyle really like? You probably have a lot of questions. We’re here to help.
Complete the form and we’ll be in touch soon.
Stay in the know
Sign up to receive blog posts, current promotions and more.