Independent, Supportive, and Memory Care Services and Lifestyle in Bay Shore, NY
Discreet, custom care and support 24/7
Atria Bay Shore's dedicated, tenured staff supports you when you need assistance, any time of day or night.
A whole-person approach to well-being
The freedom to participate, grow and engage in what brings you purpose and joy often starts with the right care. Whether you want to be free from the stress of maintaining a home, could use some discreet daily support or require more specialized care, we offer living options tailored to your physical and emotional needs.
Choose independent living at Atria Bay Shore, and we’ll take care of the cooking, cleaning and apartment maintenance. Every day, you can connect with others, savor chef-prepared meals, learn something new or simply have fun.
Supportive living is 24/7 care, on your terms. Whether it is bathing, getting dressed, managing medications or strolling to your next delicious meal, the staff is always available to help. As needs change and challenges arise, Bay Shore is able to provide a range of supportive care services.
The Difference Between Supportive Living and Assisted Living Communities in New York
Both supportive living and assisted living communities provide amenities and supportive services tailored to meet residents’ individualized needs. This includes similar apartment layouts, engaging programs, chef-prepared meals, housekeeping, transportation, support with activities of daily living and medication assistance. Supportive living communities do not offer skilled care services, while assisted living communities offer certain skilled care services to residents based on each community’s discretion.
Supportive Living Services
- Licensed nurse on-call 24/7
- Access to telehealth services
- Discreet support available 24/7
- Assistance getting out of bed or chair
- Personal grooming assistance (e.g., bathing, getting dressed)
- Escorts to and from meals and events
- Accommodations for low-salt and low-sugar diets
- Incontinence management (includes toileting assistance)
- Safety and wellness checks
- Emergency alert pendant or wristband
- A comprehensive review of residents medication, consultations with their physicians and pharmacy, and assistance with prescriptions orders
- Medication administration and supervision of self-administered medications
- Assistance with self-administered medications, including nebulizer treatment, eye drops, and nasal sprays
- Insulin storage and reminders
For those living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, Atria’s Life Guidance® program offers a forward-thinking approach to memory care – with all inclusive* care and medication management and 24-hour support from a dedicated staff in a secure, thoughtfully designed neighborhood.
*Resident must meet acceptance and retention requirements.
Memory Care Services
- A custom-designed neighborhood with secured entries and exits
- An individual care plan with 24/7 support, such as assistance with bathing, grooming and toileting, from staff with extensive dementia training
- A thoughtfully planned calendar of events, opportunities and outings tailored to personal interests
- Assistance getting out of bed or chair; escorts to and from meals and events
- Full-service, family-style dining experiences in an environment designed to encourage social connection and comfort
- Monitoring of individuals on low-salt and low-sugar diets during meals
- Medication reviews and consultations with physicians (includes assistance with prescription orders)
- Medication assistance provided by technicians under the supervision of a licensed nurse
- Housekeeping, personal laundry, and linen services
- All inclusive* care and medication management
Is senior living right for me? What’s the community lifestyle really like? You probably have a lot of questions. We’re here to help.
Complete the form and we’ll be in touch soon.
Stay in the know
Sign up to receive blog posts, current promotions and more.